For the love of Pinterest!

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Pinterest is one of those places you can completely lose yourself in and not have to concentrate on what you are doing. I love nothing better than being curled up in bed and browsing through board after board of fabulous gardens, food recipes, home decor, crafts and fashion.. which is where I stumbled across this wonderful picture of a model deep-etched over the back-drop.

 I also loved the faint colour-scheme of the floral arrangement which led me to use the 'Chickaniddy' Date Night collection as it had similar hues.


Speaking of the Date Night collection... here are the supplies I used for the layout!


Supply List: Date Night - Awesome Blossom (DN14OS01), Cutest Couple (DN140S05), Spiffy Tags (DN14OS07), Blackwoods Lovin (DN14OS10), Alpha Stickers (DN14EB01), Illustration Stickers (DN14EB02), Mini Sticker Banners (DN14EB03), Mini Sticker Tags (DN14EB04), Mini Sticker Sentiments (DN14EB05), Brads (DN14EB06), Enamel Hearts (DN14EB07).


1. First step was to deep-etch my photo... and a note to self, choose an easier subject next time.
2. I wanted to have more texture to my background than the original design so I used layers and layers of stickers and strips of patterned paper before placing my photo on top.
3. Next step was to add small clusters of flowers, brads and enamel hearts in a similar position as the Pinterest photo, using foam pop dots for added dimension.
4. I then positioned the heading and added two rows of stitching top and bottom.
5.  The last step was to add my journaling and then position strips of patterned paper and a hint of embellishments at the very top and bottom to draw the eye into the centre of the layout.


Inspiration can be found in the most amazing places and sometimes you are completely unaware that you have been inspired. It could have been a shop window display, or the cover of a book, or the colours of a bedspread in a store and quite possibly a random picture on your Pinterest page. Wherever it was, it has meant something to you at the time and 'stuck' with you in your creative thought process for future use in your memory keeping.








post signature

6 comments:

  1. Wow Melinda...you have an eye to see possibility where I just don't. What a stunning page...you are a trendsetter. That was a lot of fussy cutting but so worthwhile xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration....love the '3D' effect you've gotten here..... I haven't fussy cut my photos for ages. Funny how we go through phases! I really like that you've mimicked the b&w photo against the soft coloured bg too. Fabulous:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic! Love the papers and embellies too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing your inspiration for this page. Such a cool layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonito, Bonito, Bonito!! Precioso, eres una artista!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you have taken that Pinterest idea & made it your own Melinda....just a brilliant page, using lovely products of course too!

    ReplyDelete