Jillibean Soup | Boot Scootin' Layout Tutorial

Saturday, August 16, 2014

I have a confession! I'm addicted to circles at the moment... oh, and chocolate! So please don't shoot me for producing another layout with a circular theme because I just can't help myself. And secretly this isn't going to be the last so you may need to hold off on the 'eye rolling'.

DESIGNED FOR | Jillibean Soup
PROJECT | Boot Scootin' Layout
LINK | Tutorial can be found HERE


NEW PRODUCT | Cool As A Cucumber Collection
It seems so cliché to say that this collection is my favourite because it seems I say that with every new collection. However, the addition of mint green to any collection puts it right up there with the best and when you add circles, triangles and chevron it pretty much seals the deal. And I'm also loving the new wood veneer stars because they simply go with anything!


THE STORY | My little man has been wanting to ride a scooter just like his older brother and sister but he hasn't had the opportunity to learn with the winter being so cold and miserable. So when we had a very unseasonal week of glorious sunny days we decided it was time to head outside and teach this little guy to scoot! Of course it helped that school holidays had finished and his older siblings were out of the picture and both scooters were available. Of course scooter lessons couldn't be complete without his beloved gumboots!





SUPPLIES | Jillibean Soup
Patterned Paper: Cool As A Cucumber/Awesome Avacado, Cool Cucumbers, Trendy Tomatoes
Pea Pod Parts: Cool As A Cucumber
Coordinating Label Stickers: Cool As A Cucumber
Alphabeans: Grilled Gray, Tart Teal, Whipped White, Yam Yellow
Placemats: 12 x 12 White Mini Journaling Frames
Wood Veneers: Halloween

SUPPLIES | Other
Embroidery Thread, White Ink


post signature

7 comments:

  1. LOL... not rolling eyes here. You always inspire me with your pretty designs...and this is no different. Your page is so cute and so is your little man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never eye roll at your LOs...giggle a little at some of your cute photos or drool over all the great techniques, but eye roll...never!!!
    I love the way you clipped the little notches into the circular design. So simple but it works so well to give the paper such interesting dimension. Clever! I was wondering if you have used anything under them to hold them up when they are put into an album?
    I adore those little bunches of twine and the way you added the alphas in the circular pattern. Reminds me of the writing on tires. Love, love, love those boots. Every little boy needs boots for spring!
    Thank you for sharing your awesome work! I always enjoy stopping by to see what you have created! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such an adorable story!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just way too clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you manage to always have such clean, neat pages? I am in awe. Must say, if I had a scrap shop near by I'd be 'scootin' out to buy this collection. It's BEAUTIFUL....& you showcase it to perfection....loooove the circle idea...sooo 'draws the eye'...& clever kiddo, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the interest from the triangle cuts on this and the circular design of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the texture added by the 'triangles'. Adds so much interest to the background. You did a great job with the rest as well. Just love this adorable page!! :-)

    ReplyDelete