A stitch in time!

Sunday, March 16, 2014

The papercrafting industry has seen its fair share of trends come and go but one trend that never seems to disappear is stitching. Whether by hand or machine the art of sewing creates such a unique look and feel to your projects. I love hand-stitching on my work because it adds that little something extra that can't be purchased in a shop.






I really loved the ampersand on the patterned paper and thought it would be a wonderful shape to reproduce as stitching but it was just too small for what I wanted to do. So... I took a photo and resized it before printing.


I positioned the photocopy onto my layout and used it as a template for piercing more stitching holes.



SUPPLIES: Jillibean Soup

Patterned Paper - Cold Avacado Soup: Ripe Avacados/Fresh Orange Juice/Chopped Green Onions/Bite Size BitsPea Pod Parts - Cold Avacado Soup
Flash Cards - Cold Avacado Soup
Label Stickers - Cold Avacado Soup
Placemats - White Chevron
Stampables - Kraft Wood Grain Frames

Other: Teresa Collins Enamel Dots, Fiskars Heart Punch, Doodlebug Gold Glitter, Vellum, Embroidery Thread.

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Very clever Melinda, thanks for sharing your sewing technique. I love the layout especially your stitching of the ampersand and the chevron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous layout! I pinned it back when it was on the Jillibean blog. Love all your details and hand stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I am your biggest fan!! this is simply stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page is gorgeous. I love the stitching and when I saw the chevron placemat I secretly hoped that you have broken out your Silhouette at last. You mentioned that you visited the Cape Town waterfront years ago. Are you an expat South African?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing layout, I love it ! thanks for sharing your tips.

    ReplyDelete