Labor of Love!

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy Easter to one and all!

Today's post is going to be rather lengthy but it's mainly all photos... I promise. As part of the Jillibean Soup design team, we are given a little challenge each month to incorporate into one or more of our projects. The month of March was the 'Big Bean's (Jill Yegerlehner) turn to set the challenge and Jill knows how to post a challenge! She asked us to dig through our stash and pull out as many old and New papers to see just how many we could incorporate onto a project without it looking completely overdone. And after several attempts at trying to come up with an idea I decided to work on a collage style background to create an ombre effect to my layout and in the process use lots and lots of different papers.



Now wouldn't it be perfect to have a punch for every idea you ever had. Unfortunately I didn't have a square punch of any size so had to pick up the trusty craft knife to individually cut out each piece. Then the fun began because I decided afterwards to punch a little heart through the middle so holding the pre-cut squares to punch the heart was quite tricky and time consuming... let's just say this layout took much longer that I'd first imagined.




Supplies:
Jillibean Soup

Patterned Paper: Chilled Cucumber Soup/Croutons, Minced Fresh Dill, Yellow Tomatoes; Coconut Lime Soup/Straw Mushrooms; Country Pumpkin Chowder/Cream Style Corn; Fresh Vegetable Soup/Crushed Ginger; Grandma's Lima Bean Soup/Lean Ham; Irish Farm House Soup/Sliced Turnip; Macho Nacho Soup/2 Parts Boy, Pinch of Cool; Winter Tortellini and Spinach Soup/Fresh Basil, Garlic Flakes; Soup Staples II/Gray Salt, Yellow Salt
Pea Pod Parts: Chilled Cucumber Soup, Fresh Vegetable Soup
Bean Stalks Twine: Mustard
Cardstock Stickers: Coconut Lime, Southern Chicken Dumpling
Co-ordinating Label Stickers: Chilled Cucumber
Corrugated Shapes
Epoxy Buttons: Chicken Dumpling Soup
Kraft Cardstock
Placemats: White Frames
Soup Labels: Card Sentiments
Wise Words: Yellow Smile
Other: White Cardstock, Small Heart Punch, black journaling pen, Yellow mist

And how excited was I to wake up this morning and find this layout had been featured on the Two Pease in a Bucket site.



JILLIBEAN SOUP GIVE-AWAY
Now, don't forget to pop over to the Jillibean Soup blog and leave a comment to be in the running for a wonderful prize consisting of the gorgeous new products from CHA Winter 2013.

Now I have one last little project to share before I head off to see if Easter Bunny has left his goodies in the right spots before morning comes.



Wishing everyone a safe and happy Easter!
post signature

17 comments:

  1. Melinda!! This is absolutely stunning!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I hope you are going to submit this for publication! Congrats on Two Peas picking it up! I am pinning it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! That LO certainly is a labor of love!!! It turned out magnificently!! The Easter card is so cute too!! You never cease to amaze me with your works of art!! I wish I had a 1/4 of your creativity!! Happy Easter to you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw this layout on 2Peas I knew it was by you....it is stunning. What an awesome design idea. (but much to time consuming for lazy me) I love how well the papers match each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thi layout is even more amazing when I hear that you didn't even have a square punch?! I wa wondering how you managed to center the hearts in the squares...now I know you have an incredible amount of patience!
    This page deserves all kind of recognition - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, your card is adorable!! But, that layout.....WOW!! That is seriously incredible!! THose squares are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout is FABulous! All of that detail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe Jill will send you a square punch for doing this!!!! :-) really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always blow me away with your work...♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw that layout and was stunned. Totally amazing! I'm pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw your layout on the Jillibean blog and thought then it was amazing. Defintely worth all the time it took you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing - seriously - I cannot even believe it. I want to live in your creative head! So amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely adorable Melinda...x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowsies!! Just fabulous - you always pull something completely outta the box....or square in this case!!!! Betcha don't repeat this one in a while....of course, I'm talking about the top LO.....I just can't get past it!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, wow, wow !!! that is one a-maz-ing layout.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your page is fabulous. I really love the yellow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love that layout! I can see how that was definitely a labor of love! I also adore that Easter card with the cute little chics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what a lot of work, but so worth it! Fabulous page!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That layout is absolutely, positively, astonishingly, ridiculously, AMAZING!!!! Fave layout.......EVER! Thanks for sharing, such an inspired piece!

    ReplyDelete